Primary Care Track
We are excited to add a primary care track to our Internal Medicine program.
– Focused didactics and mentorship with primary care focused faculty, including community field trips and specialty elective opportunities *gynecology, transgender medicine, addictions)
– Priority scheduling for outpatient focused elective in Dermatology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology and Nephrology.
– Additional exposure to GIM (General Internal Medicine) outside of your continuity clinic. At least 8 weeks spread over 2 years in 2-week blocks. Opportunity to work in another clinic gaining mentorship, further exposure to more common outpatient concerns as well as general tips to a successful outpatient practice.
– Track still allows flexibility for careers in hospital and/or ambulatory setting, meeting all graduation requirements; additionally, sets you up well for fellowship applications in outpatient practices (Endocrinology, Rheumatology, etc).
– Potential for less ICU time because of increased electives in the above while still meeting graduation requirements.
How to Apply:
The application process occurs during your R1 year for an opt-in for 2 year track embedded within the IMRS program
Primary Track Physician Leads:
Our primary track physician leads are Dr. Caitlin Allen, MD, Clinic Director and Dr. Mike Kerkering, MD.
Your career starts here.
What are you waiting for?
Spokane Teaching Health Center
624 E Front Ave
Spokane, WA 99202, USA