Primary Care Track
Our primary care track prepares graduates to hit the ground running in the ambulatory setting post-graduation.
– Focused didactics and mentorship with primary care focused faculty, including community field trips and specialty elective opportunities such as gynecology, gender clinic, addiction medicine, sports medicine)
– Priority scheduling for outpatient focused electives in Dermatology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology and Nephrology.
– Additional exposure to GIM (General Internal Medicine) outside of your continuity clinic. At least 8 weeks spread over 2 years in 2-week blocks. Opportunity to work in another clinic gaining mentorship, further exposure to more common outpatient concerns as well as general tips to a successful outpatient practice.
– Track still allows flexibility for careers in hospital and/or ambulatory setting, meeting all graduation requirements; additionally, sets you up well for fellowship applications in outpatient practices (Endocrinology, Rheumatology, etc).
– Potential for less ICU time because of increased electives in the above while still meeting graduation requirements.
How to Apply:
The application process occurs during your R1 year for an opt-in for 2 year track embedded within the IMRS program
Primary Track Physician Leads:
Our primary track physician leads are Dr. Caitlin Allen, MD, Clinic Director and Dr. Mike Kerkering, MD.